Was feeling a wee bit down so decided to bake a broken heart chocolate cheesecake. It tasted much better than it looks and definitely made me feel great as ofcourse a mix of chocolate with cheesecake will always bring a silly smile to your face! 😀
Here’s the recipe:
Before you begin, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- I used a boxed cake mix for the chocolate cake as I was short on time. Just follow the instructions on the box [usually, 3 eggs, 1 1/3 cup water – I tend to use 1 cup of milk and 1/3 of water, gives it a better taste – and 1/3 cup oil].
- Grease your baking pan (in my case I used a heart shaped pan) with butter. Make sure to grease the sides so that the cake comes off easily once its ready.
- Pour the chocolate batter into the pan, set aside.
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Beat the above ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
- Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the chocolate batter in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or just until the center of the cheesecake part is set.
- Let it cool.
- For garnishing, I used a layer of chocolate frosting, almond flakes, and bits & curls of chocolate.